6. "I aspire for good health."

People often talk about "business management" & "finance management". Seldom do we hear about "health management". So, why is "health management" important? Adopting the right lifestyle can help you cope with the stress and pressures of the modern world.


When you don't feel physically well, it is impossible to be happy. As a lifetime advocate of health and wellness, I also believe that if you look good, you feel good. Your external looks are a reflection of your internal beauty, of your self-confidence and your self-respect. And if you aren't feeling so good inside, you aren't looking good outside. Then the cycle goes on, when you aren't looking good, it is doubtful that you will feel any good. There has always been good reason to believe that happiness leads to a long, full life.

7. "I seek to always be grateful."

In the novel Pay it Forward, eighth-grader Trevor is challenged by his social-studies teacher to do something that will change the world. And he does. His rule is to do one very good deed for three different people, telling them that rather than paying him back, they are to "pay it forward" to three others. When the numbers grow exponentially, The Gratitude Movement starts and the world is changed.

One of the simplest and quickest ways to turn a negative and sour mood into a more positive one is to be grateful. If you are truly grateful, you will want to share and give more of yourself. Gratitude for your blessings gives birth to "compassion for people." In my life it is a reality -- a living, relational kind of love that makes me want to embrace all people no matter where they are. After all, it is all about sharing your happiness and blessings for those who are downtrodden, hurting, wounded, sick, imprisoned, and just plain rejected. That is how I show that I have not forgotten to be grateful.

8. "I try to help someone else find happiness."

Central to teachings on happiness in all religions is the generation of loving kindness and compassion. I see it as the desire for the happiness and welfare of all beings. No one is happy alone, no one is ever really happy unless he is able to share her discovery of happiness with people. It has been my humble goal to teach people to lead happy lives in all aspects. I have been doing so for the past 15 years as a practitioner and educator for health and wellness and as a Naturopathic doctor. I have found my ultimate reward in the appreciation of people I have nourished back to good health and have helped to find happiness. I am a passionate believer in finding my happiness and sharing it with others.

9. "I do not let unhappiness stay."

Happiness depends on the speed of change. The world keeps changing. If you don't adapt to change, things will begin to go against you. I have not heard of anyone whose life has always been all bliss and joy. But I believe that a blessed happiness can be attained even in the midst of suffering. If you do things with your heart, you feel it and believe it. Planning for a wonderful life, means adding harmony into it -- on the aspects of Family, Community, and Work & Health. Yes, life happens no matter how well you planned it but if you have established a moral compass, unhappiness will come, certainly but will not stay for long.

10. "I set my Happiness Goals."

As a young girl, I was always daydreaming to be successful. I recall with fondness those days when I would walk along Mt. Sophia to take a peek at the beautiful houses, imagining myself as one day living in one of them. It is not a bad thing to want the finer things in life. Goal setting is important to prioritize what you want in your life, both now, and in the future. It focuses your attention and gives you a 'road-map' to your desired 'destination'. Make immediate progress toward goals, be it to lose weight, make money, whatever it is. Set your happiness goals and begin to create your future instead of waiting for it to "happen"!

At the end of the day, success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will not only 'do things right', but 'do the right things' – this way, success cannot be far behind.

It is your life, live it well and live it happy!

1 comments:

Ivana said...

Hi Dr. Doreen... It was a great post on happiness. Very enriching. hugs